Westing Bridge/ChiaoGoo has recently issued a notice regarding counterfeit needles sold on Amazon – we’re reproducing their notice here. (If you’d like to see this notice on their own website, please click here.)
NOTICE OF COUNTERFEIT CHIAOGOO RED and BLUE SHORTIES SETS
There have been several confirmed cases of counterfeit ChiaoGoo Red and Blue Shorties interchangeable sets (Item #: 7230-M & 7230-S) that were recently sold on Amazon by unauthorized resellers through Amazon’s “Fulfilled by Amazon” (“FBA”).
While bearing the ChiaoGoo logo and appearing very similar to our authentic products, these counterfeits have very poor quality, far below our standards.
Here are two pictures to help determine if you have a counterfeit.
Close up of the counterfeit tightening hole and metal cable join:
This is a severe infringement and violation of intellectual property rights of our registered USPTO trademark. We are trying to find the source company and will work with the relevant authorities to take measures to prevent additional counterfeits from entering the market. Further legal action against the counterfeiter will be carried out, if deemed necessary.
We strongly suggest end consumers take the following precautions to avoid purchasing a counterfeit ChiaoGoo product:
- Most importantly, buy from trustworthy retailers such as your local brick and mortar yarn shop (LYS). If an LYS is not available, we encourage you to buy from an online yarn/needle art specific retailer. If you must buy from an Amazon reseller who is not yarn or needle art specific, make sure you do your research and confirm they have a good reputation with positive feedback on their storefront.
- Don’t buy from retailers outside of your country or from sellers that don’t sell any items other than the Red and Blue Shorties sets.
- Be warned that FBA does not ensure authenticity. In our case, all counterfeit purchases were FBA.
- Don’t buy from individuals.
Help us battle counterfeiters by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- You have made a purchase and suspect the product is counterfeit. Include several pictures of the product/packaging, the name of the seller and whether it was FBA (or not) to help us determine if your product is, in fact, fake.
- You suspect a ChiaoGoo listing on a platform is counterfeit.